CLEARING is a valuable teaching resource
providing ideas, inspiration, and tools for
place-based environmental education
• Share teaching ideas with fellow educators!
• Read about successful programs and teachers around the region!
• Discover the latest classroom and field-based resource materials!
• Learn innovative activity ideas for every grade level and subject area!
• Stay in touch with events and people around the region!
Click on the images below to flip through the information-filled pages of recent issues
Why is CLEARING important?
The field of environmental education is full of amazing people doing extraordinary work—leading communities, classrooms, schools, and college programs with passion and dedication. But often those educators work in isolation, without the vital support of administrators or even their peers. That’s where a publication like CLEARING comes in—providing ideas, resources, and perspectives on teaching environmental education, as well as inspiring, motivating, and connecting educators with one another. Whether talking about climate change, recycling, or sustainable oceans, or addressing the historic environmental injustice faced by indigenous people and people of color, CLEARING provides a local and diverse source of perspectives. From the tundra of Alaska to the Snake River Plain, and from the rocky shores of Puget Sound to the wheatfields of the Palouse, CLEARING connects the region and its people.