Guest Editor Position Description
CLEARING Magazine is calling for proposals for guest editor(s) for the September 2021 special issue section of the volume, focusing on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in environmental education. CLEARING is an academic and practical resource for researchers, practitioners, and educators alike. In addition to the special issues section, the volume will include interviews with practitioners, book reviews, lesson plans, and other resources. The mission of CLEARING is to support environmental literacy and place-based environmental education. The guest editor(s) is responsible for the intellectual content of the issue itself and the manuscripts that comprise it. This includes not only securing articles from authors, but also reviewing them, working with authors to make necessary revisions, and arranging for review. See below for more details.
Guest editors for CLEARING Magazine are expected to:
● Select potential authors (usually leading authors in the field) as invited contributors. Each guest edited issue should feature up to three invited articles.
● Prepare and circulate a call for papers through professional networks.
● Select and allocate reviewers for submitted and invited papers.
● Write an editorial introduction to the volume.
FORMAT OF PROPOSAL
Proposals for guest editorship should be submitted electronically to the Editor-in-Chief, Name (email) and include the following:
● A short motivation letter explaining the stakes, expected impact, target readership, and timeliness of the proposed issue
● The proposed title of the issue.
● A call for papers (no more than 300 words).
● Name, affiliations, contact information, and short biographical information about the guest editor.
● A selection of recent literature relevant to the proposed issue.
● A list of potential invited authors. Providing a list of authors already willing to submit papers to the proposed volume as invited contributors is particularly appreciated.
● A pool of potential authors and reviewers.
● Reference to any past or forthcoming scientific event (conferences or workshops) that
may provide relevant contributors to the volume, if applicable.
Editor-in-Chief has the final decision-making responsibility for acceptance or rejection of all manuscripts submitted to the journal.